The Nelson’s have a new family member today… a Glock 35 kitted up to be a USPSA Limited Class race gun…
You will recall that I have a custom STI 2011 that many consider to be the best Limited race gun available. That pistol is now Brian’s. We’d made an agreement that when he got better than me, he’d get the best pistol. Right now we are about even, but he is moving up fast, so I went ahead and handed it over.
About this Glock… It pretty much checks the box on improvements over a standard Glock 35:
- Mag well to speed up reloads
- Dawson fiber-optic front sight
- Dawson adjustable rear site
- extended magazine release button
- squared trigger guard to prevent slippage
- notched back of trigger guard to permit higher grip
- race gritty grip
- Zev trigger and connector. A smooth and crisp 2 lb trigger
- titanium striker, mainly smoothes out the trigger pull and reset
- lighter IMSI recoil spring
- T.H.E. tungsten guide rod which puts weight up front to minimize recoil
- grip backstrap plug – again for weight
The only things left to do, perhaps, would be a KKM or Bar-sto, match barrel. And perhaps more slide lightning (it already has a ported slide).
So I’ll compete with this or a Springfield XDM configured similarly going forward. Which ever I like better, I’ll use. The other will either be sold or used as a backup gun.