Start: 201 lbs
Today: 191 lbs
After dramatic weight loss in the first few days, I’ve been at a weight plateau for 4 days. Uh oh…
Well, I’m supposed to be following the book, so I went back to the book. In particular the “You’ve Plateaued” section.
There he describes common mistakes:
- not eating within a 1/2 of waking. I do that.
- not eating enough protein. I’m not sure. I’ll add more and see.
- Not drinking enough water. I’m definitely fine on this.
- Not strictly adhering to the diet. I’m fine on this.
- Women stuff…. Not applicable.
- Domino foods…. nope. You’ve seen pictures of what I’m eating.
– Artificial sweeteners…. hmmm… hmmm….. I have been letting diet coke creep into my diet. And Splenda in my green tea.
- Over excercising… twice a week for 5 minutes must not be too much. But then again, my weight loss slowed once I started
working out. It could be that I’m losing fat, but gaining muscle. This could be very likely.
So I have a candidate thing to test… cutting out artificial sweeteners. I’ll do that and report back.
Other candidates…. my endocrinologist changed some of my chemical cocktail. That might have caused a change but is untestable since I can’t change it.
I had a breakfast meeting today. So in order to eat within a 1/2 hour of waking I had some cold ham and brazil nuts. I then went to my breakfast meeting and had this:
Salmon and Veggie Quiche with hollandaise sauce.
The sauce concerned me, but it contains egg yolk, tabasco, and butter, and meets the 4 Hour Body 5 rules test.
About noon we went over to Ruby Tuesday and I had steak and lobster + a salad bar.
Spinach, soy beans, ham, sun-dried tomatoes, baco bits. The croutons are for another person to snag.
Steak, Lobster, green beans, asparagus. Butter, which while “legal”, I didn’t use much of.
And… I drank WATER not Caffeine Free Diet coke.